Saturday 18 June 2011

Day 9

The original plan for Day 9 was to include a nice ride day to Mt. Baker with my Brother and a few folks from the Kawanow message board, but the weather man altered those plans for us.  Instead we got up and spent a leisurely morning lazing around the house visiting with my Brother and his family.

I got the chance to catch the first moto's of the AMA Motocross series on the Allisports website before we headed out for a day of site seeing around Vancouver.

Our first stop was the Olympic Cauldron.  My Brother said they light it occasionally for special occasions, apparently my visit didn't make the grade. My guess is he simply dropped the ball and forgot to advise the Mayor of my arrival.

This is what it looked like at the Olympics, lit with the Great One standing in front.

One last shot with Char and I in the shot.

Here is my nephew Brody and my Sister in Law Rubylyn, Brody is throwing a penny in to make a wish and Rubylyn is making sure only the penny ends up in the fountain.

Thought the look of this shot was kind of cool so into the blog it goes.  It's a bit of the shoreline near Downtown.

Our next stop was Stanley Park.  This is a shot of the Lions Gate bridge from inside the park.

My nephew and I inside a hollowed out tree in Stanley park.

We stopped in the park at Prospect Point for lunch.  This is the framing over the entrance way, guess this raccoon had a tough day searching out handouts from tourists and needed a nap.

After lunch we headed over the the market at Granville Island which was an absolute zoo.  Given the fact I'd rather stick sharp sticks in my ears than return to that scene I never thought to take any pictures.

After dinner and some more Pro MX on Speed channel my Brother had a delivery to make to a client up in Port Moody so we hopped on the bikes and headed out.  Riding the flats of Manitoba you tend to forget about the size of a fully loaded Nomad riding 2-up. You remember quickly following a solo rider on a sport bike through the twisties all over Port Moody, Coquitlam, New Westminister and surrounding areas.

Mileage covered today was a modest 35 km of local riding, bringing our trip total to 2683.9 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment