Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 5

No riding today as we spent the day with Char's brother Rob and enjoyed the beautiful scenery in and around Revelstoke.  Near as I can tell Revelstoke is a small resort town that is supported by a large CP rail and logging industry presence.

Here is a shot of Char and I at a spectacular waterfall on a hiking trail at Blanket Creek.

Can't see very well in the photo but on our way to our next stop we spotted a smaller Grizzly and a Black Bear munching on some berries.  Neither bear was real compliant with my photo efforts so I tried to get Char to step out and direct them but apparently she wasn't in a real helpful mood either.

We headed over to the ferry to Nakusp on our way to Halcyon Hot Springs for lunch and a dip.

A shot down the Columbia river from the bow of the ferry.  Lots of cloud cover again today but we got lucky on the rain front.

Rob and I passing time on the ferry.

This is a shot from the deck at the Halcyon Hot Springs where we went for lunch and a dip in the Hot Springs, spectacular scenery.



Another shot of the Hot Springs.  According to the sign these are ancient healing waters so I'm guessing I'll be waking up tomorrow 40 pounds lighter without sore knee's and a few hockey stick scars gone from my mug, if not I'll be looking for the marketing guy to have the same chat I'm looking to have with that weather guy.

Here's the view from the backyard with a little less cloud cover.

We got back safely from Grizzly country and then I had to spend the night fending off the vicious Pug, Oscar.  If I survive Oscar's attacks we will be off for Victoria in the A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment